Re: [tlug] Re: WWWJDIC backdoor issue

On 16/06/07, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:

Yes you are. The "U" is telling the backdoor method the string is in
UTF8, but %B9%A5%A4%AF is åã in EUC-JP.

I wonder why Firefox is sending this in EUC-JP?

Try 1MDJ%B9%A5%A4%AF

I was about to, then I tried my quicksearch again, and it sent it correctly in UTF-8!

Thanks for all the insight, Jim.

TLUGian Firefox hackers, do you have any idea how to control this
behaviour? I looked through about:config for "utf", and found:

network.standard-url.encode-utf8
network.standard-url.escape-utf8
prefs.converted-to-utf8

It seemed that changing network.standard-url.encode-utf8 to true did
not fix my problem, though it makes sense that it would.

--
Cheers,
Josh