Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use

Stuart Luppescu wrote:
On ç, 2007-06-12 at 14:53 -1000, Bart Mathias wrote:

The scariest thing is ãããã.

Hmm. How about ãåãããFor some reason, putting an object before a
nominal form seems extremely perverted. (Yet, I'm pretty sure I've heard
my wife use it.) Putting ãåããinto Google gives about 1.6 million
hits, but a lot of those are acceptable expressions such as ãããããå
ãããããWhen I searched for ãåã NOT ãåãã I got about 1.3
million pages. Searching for ãåããããgave 26,000 hits.ãDoes this
bother other people, or is it just me?

I take ãåã as equivalent to ãããã, equally scary. And both are cases of ã marking "object" of an adjective (it is somewhat rare for åã to be nominal, though åãã gets almost a million googits, many of which seem to be åããääããã and åããèã; at first glance åãã and åãã seem to be overwhelmingly "...zuki," which is indeed a noun formant, related to but not the same as åãã).

I am a bit relieved at your "ãåããã gave 26,000 hits." Not *too*
scary, against ãåããã's 2,140,000.

Bart Mathias