Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use

On 12/06/07, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

The honyaku list uses the term "Googits" to refer to the number of hits
for each alternative, and those professional translators seem to use it
a lot.

Very cool!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googit

However, I find it dangerous: Google may be doing clever stuff, or may
do so in the future. E.g. if they introduce a rule that knows you cannot
use "ã" with "èãã" (*), so they fix that grammar mistake and return
you the "ãèãã" hits.

I seriously doubt that Google would do this. Look at how they handle mispelling (sic):

http://www.google.com/search?q=mispelling

Having said that, I use the technique all the time :-).

Well, I owe you and Don both a pint for pointing it out to me. Collect at the nomikai this Friday. :)

Cheers,
Josh