Re: [tlug] Printers

Rainer - please don't top-post. See http://www.tlug.jp/listpolicy.php
Please learn to trim and contextualize.

On Sat, 12 May 2007 08:43:09 +0000, Rainer Schuermann
<rainer@example.com> wrote:

> As my standard home office "heavy duty" printer I have a HP Business
> Inkjet 1100D which came at below 100 Euro.

HP printers on the whole are pretty good. I have a DeskJet 5652 here
that was a bit more expensive than your sub-100â printer but which does
hi-res colour printing at full bleed and also duplex.

The only downside to HP printers is the price of cartridges. Unlike
with Epson printers, you're also replacing the nozzles, hence the high
cost, but also a guarantee of good printing quality because, well,
you're printing with new nozzles whenever you change the cartridge.

You do get a light warning you that the ink cartridge is getting low,
but it doesn't stop the printer from working. It'll still carry on
until the cartridge really is empty and the printer is spitting out
blank sheets of paper :)

Darren, you might find this useful: http://www.inksupply.com/qb7.cfm

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.