Re: [tlug] Japanese input into Java?

Josh, Arwyn, Shawn,

Thank you for replying.

JavaJunkie wrote:
so I'd try /home/dave/Zend/ZendStudio-5/5/0/bin/ZDE -Duser.language=jp
It says "The file -Duser.language=jp cannot be found".

Josh Glover wrote:
Right. Square boxes mean that your IME is working fine, but you have a
font that cannot handle Japanese.
Ah! This has helped a little. Actually, I don't know why I didn't realize this before, as I'm familiar with the implications of little boxes when seeing them on web pages.

Anyway, I changed the font of my editing interface so that I can now at least read Japanese text within ZDE.

However, I still can't input Japanese. The UIM/Anthy interface in my Gnome panel only shows "direct" input as an option when my ZDE application has focus.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04