Re: [tlug] Printers

As my standard home office "heavy duty" printer I have a HP Business
Inkjet 1100D which came at below 100 Euro. It is sufficiently fast,
completely reliable, has four ink cartridges and separate printing
heads and, as a bonus, prints on both sides; ink consumption is very
reasonable. Using it for almost three years now and so far the best
printer I ever had.
Works like a charm with cups / foomatic / hpijs in my Linux network, the
one Windows machine (Japanese laptop of my wife...) talks to the print
server box directly (no samba) without any hickups.

Rainer