Re: [tlug] the power of the live CD

> In my experience performance of GUIs is disastrous, though.  A live CD
> is great as a install/repair medium, but not as a working demo.

I see more opportunities for liveCDs in the future.

Why not extend the concept of Google (Google Docs: "you can work from
everywhere on your private files") to: you carry your own OS with you
which you can boot on every computer and you can then work with much less
risk on your own files stored online (VPN access).
"extended bookmarks": using your own applications to use your bookmarks,
safe emailing or internet banking - from public computers.

Business: use this CD to connect to my homepage and if interested in our
services use the telephone application on it to call me/us/our company.

Such kind of services are a unique chance for Linux - as it is free, so
you don't need to care about the OS.

Cheers
Michael