Re: RE : Re: [tlug] Small footprint Linux distribution without a GUI

On 5/10/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Maybe I should have put it differently: are you sure you aren't reinventing a 15-year-old wheel from Bell Labs (called "Plan 9")?

I hope not, but it is possible. It seems that SELinux is considered the best of breed. Is this because there are no competing alternatives? Or is SELinux the best conclusion?

My idea seems to be a bit convoluted as well. But I won`t let that
bring me down. It still seems like good clean fun.

Sure.  But if you're really interested in a *different* model of
security and administration, Plan 9 is a good place to start booking
up.

I have much to learn. Thank you for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Jed