Re: RE : Re: [tlug] Small footprint Linux distribution without a GUI

Jedidiah Israel writes:

 > >  > For vision, well, to come up with an easier way to administer policy
 > >  > enforcement. I can not wrap my mind around LinuxSE. I would like to
 > >  > have specific roles for each instance.
 > >
 > > Plan 9 from Outer Space, here we come!

Maybe I should have put it differently: are you sure you aren't
reinventing a 15-year-old wheel from Bell Labs (called "Plan 9")?

 > seems that Linux has not fully utilized new features like kvm, aufs
 > and fuse. I feel as if it is a brave new world but the application
 > developers have not caught on yet.

Sure.  But if you're really interested in a *different* model of
security and administration, Plan 9 is a good place to start booking
up.