Re: [tlug] Ubuntu / EPIA / Media Player

On Mon, 7 May 2007 16:13:23 +0900 (JST), Curt Sampson
<cjs@example.com> wrote:

> > If "deal with" you mean play back, yes it does.
>
> No, I meant more, "there's a nice simple way to create them, manage
> them, etc. etc."

I see what you mean, but I also think you're trying to go against the
Unix philosophy of one application doing only one thing, but doing it
well. mplayer is a media player. Period. It plays back media and it
does it well. If you want something else to *manage* the media into
playlists rather than just play it back, then you want another
application that can, however, feed the playlists it generates to
mplayer.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

"Here, Outlook Express, run this program!"  "Okay, stranger."