Re: [tlug] Ubuntu / EPIA / Media Player

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Godwin Stewart wrote:

I see what you mean, but I also think you're trying to go against the
Unix philosophy of one application doing only one thing, but doing it
well.

No, becuase I'm not asking mplayer to do this.

Basically, I could sit down and put all of the pieces together to build
what I'm looking for, and do it all just fine under NetBSD for that
matter, but I'm hoping (perhaps in vain) is that by moving into the
Linux world I can just push a few buttons and I'll be presented with an
integrated and configured set of programs that will save me all that
hassle. You know, just like Microsoft Windows does.*

* Well, does in some other world to which I can't seem to gain access.
Somehow for me Windows always ends up consuming massive amounts of
system administration time anyway.

cjs