Re: [tlug] [ADMIN] Shannon Jacobs unsubscribed

Josh, TLUG,

I very deliberately stayed out of the flame-fest that Shannon Jacobs had instigated. Sometimes the best way to cut down noise is not to participate in it.

However, now the situation has been resolved, I wanted to say just a little something.

Inspired by the depths of my disagreement with Mr Jacobs general attitude toward the TLUG, I'd like to express my gratitude and gratefulness towards this group for it's existence and the assistance it has afforded me.

Mr Jacobs seems incapable of seeing the world of good happening here, but I don't share his myopia.

As most of you know, I routinely hammer this group with questions about Linux use, from the minor details to the massive undertakings. This group and its members have come through for me every time with help, information, advice, and support. Right from the get-go I was made to feel I was welcome here.

I had a chance to meet Mauro and Keith at a TPCUG meeting, and was further impressed by their enthusiasm for Linux and willingness to share their wealth of expertise.

This is a great group. I know for a fact I would probably not be a Linux user now if I hadn't had the help I got here. And I am definitely a happier computer user with Linux than I was with Windows.

So, with hopes that this might be partially an anecdote to all the negativity created by Mr Jacobs, thank you to everyone for all that this group does.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn