Re: [tlug] installing Ubuntu on Panasonic CF-R4

*Note: I do not want to erase the XP or the recovery section (orders
from no.2).
(It does not come with a back up CD, as recovery is installed on the
hard drive)

# SNIP

Device      Type      Mount Point     Format       Size      Used

/dev/sda
/dev/sda1    ntfs     /media/sda1                           40805
MB   4400 MB
/dev/sda2    ext3     /media/sda1      Check        15981 MB   3200 MB
free
space
   3224 MB

If you want to keep your Windows XP and Recovery partitions then the above looks like you may have lost your recovery partition. You should have something like this:

/dev/sda            <--- This is the entire drive.
/dev/sda1  vfat   <--- This is usually the recovery partition
/dev/sda2  ntfs   <--- This is usually more wasted space, I mean the
Windows partition :-)
/dev/sdaX xxx   <--- These will be where you throw your Linux distro.

Regards, Keith