Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Hosed my home directory
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:01:18 +0900 (JST)
- From: Curt Sampson <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Hosed my home directory
- References: <462F6DDD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <462FEC82.firstname.lastname@example.org> <462FFB7D.email@example.com>
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Dave M G wrote:
If it's salvageable, what would I do to salvage it?
Start with smartmontools: use smartctl to look at the drive stats and error log, and to run a long self-test and see the result.
If the drive is old enough that it doesn't support S.M.A.R.T. you probably want to replace it anyway.
If not, any recommendations on where to get a good HD these days?
Anywhere in Akihabara.
cjs -- Curt Sampson <firstname.lastname@example.org> +81 90 7737 2974
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Re: An instructional target of opportunity?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Re: An instructional target of opportunity?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Hosed my home directory
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Hosed my home directory
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links