Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Hosed my home directory
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:04:18 +0900
- From: Dave M G <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Hosed my home directory
- References: <462F6DDD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20070403)
Thanks for replying.mount -n -o remount,rw / # / must be declared in /etc/fstab mount /home
I got this far, and it said:
mount: special device /dev/disk/by-uuid/b9a08a1c-c538-479d-a3d3-f366-cd67aa80 does not exist.
However, I suspect there's relevant information you didn't tell us.Well, I'm not sure what I missed before, but there's more now.
This last time when it booted, it ran fsck, as Ubuntu does every 30 boots or so. It said there was an error, and to run fsck manually.
Then it took me to the command prompt like it did before.
Not knowing what else to do, I typed in "fsck". Then it said: gsck.ext3: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to re-open /dev/hda1 e2fsck: io manager magic bad!
My magic is bad? Am I not performing the correct sacrificial rituals?
-- Dave M G Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn Kernel 2.6.20-15-generic Pentium D Dual Core Processor
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] NFS versus boot order
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Open archives are bad?
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Hosed my home directory
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Hosed my home directory
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links