Re: [tlug] Re: Hotmail mail encoding

On æ, 2007-04-23 at 08:42 +0900, Patrick Kellaher wrote:
> Kind of sounds to me like Evolution wasn't compiled with multi
> language support (--enable-nls), however it is hard to believe that
> this is the case now a days.  What distro are you using?

Gentoo. I can't even find a USE flag controlling enable-nls, so I expect
it's in there no matter what. In any case, I've never had any problems
viewing messages in Japanese or other languages.

> On the windows side, I can tell you I have had problems with shift_jis
> messages, however usually installing all the Asian language support
> files works, although I am going to guess that this has already been
> done.

Right. My wife regularly sends and receives Japanese mail and only
occasionally has trouble.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago (^_^)/ CCSR