Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Re: Hotmail mail encoding
- Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 14:40:23 +1000
- From: "Jim Breen" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] Re: Hotmail mail encoding
From: Stuart Luppescu <firstname.lastname@example.org>Hi, My wife got a message from someone with a hotmail account but it was 完全文字化け。I tried setting the encoding for reading the message to UTF-8, shit_jis, iso-2022-jp and euc-jp. No matter what I tried, it was garbage. The message source looks like this:
<DIV =class=3DRTE>=E2=80=9A=C2=B1=E2=80=9A=C3=B1=E2=80=9A=C3=89=E2=80=9A=C2=BF=E2= =80=9A=C3=8D=C2=81B</DIV>
Anyone know what the story is with this? What's hotmail doing to it's Japanese messages?
Hmm. Looks like Shit_JIS it "quoted printable" encapsulation. What did the MIME headers (if any) say? (A well-behaved MUA will decode those =XX thingos, but only if the MIME headers says they exist.)
Wonder how thay got Hotmail to do that? Whenever I try Hotmail in Japanese it just uses those horrible entity codes.
Jim -- Jim Breen Honorary Senior Research Fellow Clayton School of Information Technology, Monash University, VIC 3800, Australia http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
- Re: [tlug] Re: Hotmail mail encoding
- From: Stuart Luppescu
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Why the shirts? Why TLUG?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Hotmail mail encoding
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Hotmail mail encoding
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Re: Hotmail mail encoding
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links