Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Re: Why the shirts? Why TLUG?
- Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:49:10 +0200
- From: Attila Kinali <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Re: Why the shirts? Why TLUG?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: NERV
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:16:55 +0900 "Uva Coder" <email@example.com> wrote: > On 4/20/07, Attila Kinali <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > <snip> > > The OSS community works this way. It's always a single man > > who fights for something, who gets the ball rolling. Others > > just join in to help out when they think it's a good idea. > > They then share the work load, help out with knowledge etc. > > But it all depends on the single man who drives the whole thing. > > I don't know about all of that. I think it simply comes down to > "brand" and perhaps something in the way of "brand management" or > perhaps worse the attempt to control external perceptions of others > internalized relationship of brand. Sorry, but there is no brand Linux, or a brand OSS. The OSS community in general and the Linux community in special is just a bunch of people doing something along a similar line. I don't really understand why people always try to make a brand out of it of try to put everyone into the same pot. OSS people are very inhomogenous. There aren't two who think the same way or eve do the same thing. If you want to generalize those people, please call them a community or a movement, but please don't call them a brand. Attila Kinali -- Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen post-fix Sprache loesen kann -- Daniel Hottinger
- Re: [tlug] Re: Why the shirts? Why TLUG?
- From: Uva Coder
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Hotmail mail encoding
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] TLUG Shirts (quantiy and sizes)
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Re: Why the shirts? Why TLUG?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Re: Why the shirts? Why TLUG?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links