Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] NFS versus boot order
- Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:28:52 +0900
- From: Dave M G <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] NFS versus boot order
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20070403)
My NFS LAN is all set up and working. I have 3 machines all talking to each other.
However, being a home environment where people boot machines as needed, I've noticed a small issue.
If a server machine boots before a client, then everything is good. The client machine automatically mounts directories on the server.
But if the client machine boots before the server, then it looks for network drives that aren't there, doesn't find them, and doesn't mount them. I have to manually mount (sudo mount -a) after the server is booted.
Maybe this can't be helped. But is there a way to automatically mount the drives on the client when it needs to use the network drives?
-- Dave M G Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn Kernel 2.6.20-15-generic Pentium D Dual Core Processor
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] LPIC2 study guides?
- Next by Date: [tlug] Open archives are bad?
- Previous by thread: [tlug] T-Shirts for ppl overseas
- Next by thread: [tlug] NFS versus boot order
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links