[tlug] NFS versus boot order

TLUG,

My NFS LAN is all set up and working. I have 3 machines all talking to each other.

However, being a home environment where people boot machines as needed, I've noticed a small issue.

If a server machine boots before a client, then everything is good. The client machine automatically mounts directories on the server.

But if the client machine boots before the server, then it looks for network drives that aren't there, doesn't find them, and doesn't mount them. I have to manually mount (sudo mount -a) after the server is booted.

Maybe this can't be helped. But is there a way to automatically mount the drives on the client when it needs to use the network drives?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn