Re: [tlug] array duplicate check [C] [ Solved ]

On 4/20/07, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

P.S. I'd love to hear if Nguyen actually got a measurable speed improvement (or slowdown :-) for the whole process (i.e. including loading data into memory from disk, etc.) by sorting unsorted data then using an N logM algorithm, compared to just using the easy O(NM) algorithm.

The testing phase is not coming yet. May next next week. Or I will do it it in my spare time.

# Btw, I am quite confident, intuitively that that algorithm with M
log M complexity is faster than a N*M one.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu