Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?

On 2007/04/09, at 22:08, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

The MacBook Pro has the cool photo-sensors for the keyboard and the display ;)

Yes. I have the same kind of sensor on my 3-year old Vaio to adjust the screen, but it is just one location under the screen itself, so depending on the angle of light in the room and the angle of the screen, I sometimes have to turn off the auto-adjustment.

The really neat engineering thing about the MacBook Pro's photosensors is that there are two of them around the middle of the speaker panels on the right and left of the keyboard, so putting a piece of paper on the keyboard won't fool it. It is a small advantage, but it really shows Apple's attention to good design.