Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] how filesystem works?
- Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 10:48:08 -0500
- From: Stuart Luppescu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] how filesystem works?
- References: <20070329090009.GK3981@example.com> <email@example.com> <20070329114843.GL3981@example.com> <460BAF7A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070330070435.GM3981@example.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.NEB.email@example.com>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (Windows/20060308)
Curt Sampson wrote:This is something I never understood. Someone told me to put /var in its own partition because if it fills us (with log files, or whatever) it will crowd out other stuff and make the computer unusable. I did that, and then /var filled up, syslog and cron complained about not being able to write files and the whole computer froze up. Now I put /var inside / and haven't had any problems.
root 64-128 MB tmp 128-1024 MB mfs /usr 2-4 GB /var 0.5-2 GB nosuid /home 2-8 GB nosuid,nodev /u remainder nosuid,nodev
-- Stuart (no sig in stupid windows)
- Re: [tlug] how filesystem works?
- From: Curt Sampson
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] How is Akanbe expressed in English?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] [OT] How is Akanbe expressed in English?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] how filesystem works?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] how filesystem works?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links