Re: [tlug] KDDI cellphones and encoding

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 05:04:00AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Scott Robbins writes:
>
>  > Thanks Curt.  Some quick googling this morning hasn't helped me in
>  > figuring out how to add a locale.
>
> In Debian it's just a matter of "dkpg-reconfig locale".  The locale
> package contains all the locale data, but which ones to generate are
> configured.

Yes, unfortunately, Arch doesn't seem to have the ISO-2022 charset.  I
think if I could find the charset somewhere, I might be able to simply
generate it by adding to /etc/local.gen and then running locale-gen.
(Trying it without the charset, just for fun, gave me lots of errors.)
:)

Hopefully, I'll have time in the next day or so to delve into finding
a generic charset--I really don't know too much about this, and don't
know if it's distro specific or not.

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Cordelia: Buffy, these men are rich, and I am not being
shallow. Think of all the
poor people I could help with all my money.