Re: [tlug] network losing connection

Matt Gross wrote:
On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 09:49 +0100, Sigurd Urdahl wrote:
Matt Gross wrote:
On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 10:54 +0100, Sigurd Urdahl wrote:
Matt Gross wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am having a lot of problems with my Fedora Core 6 server connection
[..]

<snip>

Thank you all for the great info.  I am back with new developments:

My laptop network card, which also has an internal gigabit ethernet card
and runs Fedora Core 6, stopped working as well. I recently updated the
system with yum.

[...]
So, this means my network card on my laptop works when I boot
from the F6 rescue cdrom.  _BUT_ after the install, the network card
would not work!  This is good.  More evidence pointing towards a recent
driver update perhaps?

Back to my server which was the original problem, I connected a USB
network card to my server and it is working flawlessly (as long as I
don't complain about the slow speed ;).

What do you think? Does this sound like a driver problem to you?
Yes it sounds like a driver problem. It might be still be a problem with Gbit vs 100mbit/FD, but that starts to sound unlikely.

A quick glance at the Fedora Bugzilla didn't give me any relevant hits, but maybe there is something there. What you could do is testing either an older FC kernel, or rolling one yourself to see if that removes the problem. Also reporting the problem in the bugzilla or checking the FC mailing lists could be a good idea.

kind regards,
-sig

-- Sigurd Urdahl Linux, goofing, cooking, making fire, computer security, having a beer. Give me good music.