Re: [tlug] network losing connection

> What is the network card(s)/chipset(s) you are using?
>
> I have a MSI K9N Diamond motherboard:
>
> "On-board LAN: Yes, two Gigabit Ethernet controlled by the chipset
> together with two Vitesse SimplyPHY chips (VSC8601) chips."
> http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/400/3

My hunch would be some hardware problem, but it is also possible it is a
bug in the network driver: drivers for gigabit cards are sometimes a bit
experimental. Or, similarly, installation chose the wrong driver.

Do you have a 100M card you can put in the machine to use for eth1? If
eth1 is just facing the internet you won't lose any performance. Then if
the problem still happens you know it is something external to that box.

Darren