Re: [tlug] Linux, Solaris & AIX

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 07:30:12PM -0800, mike miller B-) wrote:

> "Erin D. Hughes" <erin-hughes@??> wrote:
>

>     >
>     >
>     > Samba is very important
>     So is not top posting..... http://www.tlug.jp/listpolicy.php
>     I am the not a stickler for following the rules.... but this is a no
>     brainer.
>
>     E./
>
>     Ok, being a mailing list "newbie" (maybe 6 posts in 2 mailing lists over
>     3-4 years) this is the first I've heard of this. Did my post also violate
>     "Failing to trim" and "Thread hijacking" aspects as well from your
>     perspecitve?

One could argue that Erin's post violated failure to trim.  :)

A quick review for all newcomers...

Before going into this, please keep in mind, none of this is written in
stone, but is generally considered good netiquette.  Following these
guidelines helps keep the noise down too--otherwise, we get sidetracked
into overly long discussions about this.

Tlug, like many technical mailing lists, including most Microsoft ones,
prefers that you post inline.  That means answer paragraph A after
paragraph A, paragraph B after paragraph B.  Otherwise, it often looks
like