[tlug] Re: Stand Up for OpenOffice!!

After using Open Office during the day, it takes 4 seconds for me to open a 5 page Writer .odt file. Opening a Microsoft Word file with OpenOffice takes about the same time. I have dual Xeon 2.4 GHz processors, 1 GB of memory and am running Fedora 5.

I switched to OSS software after using Microsoft operating systems and applications since 1980. Before my wife and I switched, MS Word kept crashing on us. I wish I could give you an objective appraisal of the software, but I am so extremely pleased with not having to continually shell out more money for MS Office, Photoshop, Quicken, Compilers etc. and with the whole cooperate philosophy of OSS, that I have nothing but positive things to say about about Open Office.

Don