Re: [tlug] bootable linux with sshd

On 02/01/07, Al Hoang <hoanga@example.com> wrote:
Fergal Daly wrote:
I've not seen one with SSH enabled by default.  But with a little bit of
tweaking I'm sure you can get one enabled.  If I was planning to do this
I'd probably setup SSH to only allow logins via public-key authentication
to at least make it a little more difficult to break in via SSH.

You might want to look at Slax. From a glance and what others have told me it allows easy customization of a Live CD. http://www.slax.org/documentation.php

slax looks like a winner, it has an rc.ssh set to be not executable and this page tells you exactly what to do to make it executable

http://web.vtc.edu/CIS2230/htdocs/Guertin.html

Hopefully it should be a reasonably quick job,

Cheers, Alain