Re: [tlug] clevery's "coordy" boxes running linux?

After a phone call (via my long-suffering wife) it turns out that they
can't say what the guts are because it depends on when it gets built!
Basically, you order it and a week a later it's ready for you and
nobody knows in advance what'll be inside it!

Sadly it seems prebuilt machines all have 1 or 2 week lead times
(makes me think they're not built here) so in the end I got a AOpen
EZ661-T(D) from TwoTop and put it together tonight. I think it all
went fine but I don't have a monitor and I don't have the right cables
to hook it up to the TV. I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

The AOpen box is cute and has a nice feature I hadn't seen before. The
3.5 inch HDD bay runs parallel to the front of the box, rather than
the side, making it very easy to get to the connectors. Sadly there's
a really bad idea too. The DVD drive has a spring loaded door hiding
it and the case has a mechanical button that pushes the real button on
the front of the DVD drive to open it. All very clever until you try
to position your DVD drive in the right spot. The screws are
unreachable when everything is in place, so you have to make a guess,
put the drive holder in place, test it. adjust your guess... rinse
repeat.