[tlug] Re: Mailing List Archives: The Final Frontier

On 04/12/06, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

On 17/11/06, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> This is the beginning of the end of the discussion on what to do with
> the mailing list archives.

And here opens the voting.

> I. The Issue
>
> Our list archives are currently password protected.
>
> II. Proposed Solutions
>
> 1. Do nothing
> 2. Open the archives, from the beginning of time to the end of it
> (excluding tlug-admin and hikari)
> 3. Open the archives as of 01 January, 2007, but keep 2002-2006
> password protected (again, excluding admin lists)

Now that you understand the options, please vote.

Voting opens immediately, and runs until 2006/12/18 (three days after
I had originally scheduled it, since we are getting a late start on
the voting).

I hereby declare voting closed (only three more days behind schedule!), and am happy to announce the results:

(1) 0 votes
*2* 17 votes
(3) 2 votes

Option 2 (open the all archives) has won, and will go into effect on
01 January, 2007 (or thereabouts).

If you would like special handling of your currently password
protected posts, contact me offlist before 2007/01/01, telling me
specifically what action to take. Options are:

a) Remove all of my posts
b) Remove certain of my posts (provide links to the specific posts in
the current archives)
c) Leave my posts, but completely obscure all occurrences of my email
address (even as quoted in other posts)
d) Some other action of your choosing, which will, within reason, be honoured

Cheers,
Josh