Re: [tlug] Writing on a CD

Please don't top-post.

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:45:26 +1030, "John Joseph"
<johnjoseph.e@example.com> wrote:

> I tried "cdrecord -scanbus" . Though I have a CDRW drive, the command
> failed.

With what error message?

"It doesn't work" is not quite enough information to solve a problem.

> So I am thinking whether it is possible to copy the files to the
> Windows XP partition of my laptop (Laptop has dual booting
> Linux-WinXP). Please let me know how I can do it. That would probably
> solve the issue for the time being.

If it's a FAT32 partition, no problem. You just have to mount it and
you should have R/W access to it.

If it's an NTFS partition then you probably won't be able to write to
it.

Did you at least look at the howto page to which I gave you a link?

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Windows is....
A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical interface, sitting on
an 8-bit operating system, originally written for a 4-bit processor
by a 2-bit company without ONE BIT of common sense.