Re: [tlug] Writing on a CD

On 12/11/06, John Joseph <johnjoseph.e@example.com> wrote:
Hi friends,

Thanks for your tips. But it hasn't worked in my case.

I tried "cdrecord -scanbus" . Though I have a CDRW drive, the command failed.

With newer version of cdrecord you can use dev=/dev/cdrom not sure though since you are using RH9...

So I am thinking whether it is possible to copy the files to the Windows XP
partition of my laptop (Laptop has dual booting Linux-WinXP). Please let me
know how I can do it. That would probably solve the issue for the time being.

If you are going to copy from Linux to Linux then you can use scp. For example:

scp -r  /directory/  user@example.com:/where/you/want/to/save/to/

/directory/ is the local directory that you are -"r"ecursively going
to copy, and the user@example.com portion is the remote user, machine, and
path to where you want to save to.

If you are going from Linux to Windows then you could learn Samba (not
that hard for a simple mount and copy type job), or you could use
WinSCP[1] on the Windows machine to download files from the Linux
server. That is if your RH9 box has ssh daemon running. WinSCP has an
ftp like interface that should make things "easy" for you...

Regards, Keith

[1] http://winscp.net/eng/index.php