Re: [tlug] Advice on buying a Macbook

> warranty is one year. The extension covers up to three years. Or buy it
> from a merchant that offers a five-year warranty, but do read the fine
> print. I once got a five-year extension from Best Denki, only to read
> the fine print (constipated and no other reading material) ...

Bic Camera often offer a 3 or 5 year guarantee from your points (so it
feels free). I recently took back our broken video camera (4 and a bit
years old) and a few weeks later got the latest (well, almost) model as
a replacement! They'd warned me if the problem was due to me not the
manufacturer I'd have to pay for the repair, but they'd give me a quote
before doing the repair (i.e. I wasn't obligated to pay the repair
charge). Seems fair.

Darren