[tlug] Advice on buying a Macbook

The time has finally come for me to buy a Macbook. So I need the
advice of proud Macbook owners in order to maximise my pleasure and
minimise the pain of dropping 15 man! ;)

Here are my questions, in no particular order:

1. Where should I buy the puppy? I was thinking the Ginza Apple Store,
just so taking it back for service or whatever would be easy. I would
consider other options if they would save me a man or so.

2. Is there an extended warranty offered by any vendor (especially the
Apple Store; see (1)), and is it worth buying? How much does it cost,
and how many additional years of warranty coverage does it confer?

3. I want to get a white model, but may want to upgrade the RAM at
purchase time. Is this an option? How much RAM should I need? I plan
to run the 'top in Linux most of the time, but there are a few things
I want to keep OS X around for (see below).

4. Which applications, if any, come bundled with the Macbook? I have
some interest in Garage Band, and a lot of interest in iMovie or
whatever Apple is calling their video editing software these days. If
these apps do not come bundled, is there any cost advantage to buying
them together with the Macbook itself?

5. Are there any accessories I will really want? I think I am covered
in the carrying case / laptop bag department. And no, I a) do not
consider the iPod an accessory, and b) will not be purchasing one.
Ever.

6. Are there any questions I forgot to ask? ;)

If Macbook owners would not mind chiming in with any and all advice
related to the purchase, care, and feeding of their bundle of joy, I
would be most indebted, and you *know* that I repay my debts in beers
at the bonenkai! :)

-Josh