Re: [tlug] help regarding japanese fonts in redhat 9 Shrike

Thank you very much for the reply.

As you said "However, it might not work in the default gnome terminal."
I am using the same gnome terminal. So which terminal should we use, and if so it should work in the normal textpads or open office. Its not working there also.

Do we need to change the session completely without using Gnome. Can you suggest some way to solve this. Thanks for trying with kinput-canna, I will try it once again.

On 11/21/06, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 06:12:52PM +0900, Vamsi Krishna wrote:
> For the OS  Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
> Kernel 2.4.20-8 on an i686
>
> Can anyone tell me which is the best way to enable japanese fonts both input
> and display.
>
> I tried scim-anthy, anthy, scim, kinput, almost all the steps mentioned in the
> following link
> http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html but still i am unable to
> input and not even fonts are visible in terminals textpads anywhere.

Which terminal are you using?

There are various places for it to go wrong, so perhaps you could be a
bit more specific about the steps that you took.
I don't have RH9 with which to test it, but in RH 7.x
kinput-canna worked.

However, it might not work in the default gnome terminal.

If scim-anthy is available in RH's yum collection, I would try using
that.  I would attempt to use it with uxterm as a preliminary test.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: You're missing the whole point of Halloween.
Willow: Free candy?!