Re: [tlug] wiki

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>  > Shell and vi/emacs/whatever_editor are (IMHO) easier.
>
> Used on what?  The character of a wiki that makes it a wiki and not
> just a collection of pages is the link database, and the main UI is
> through the web, not editors on the server host.  To the extent that
> the link database is partly embedded in the pages, that means that
> it's probably a bad idea to edit them directly.

Sorry, Stephen, I was only the administrator side, not the user side.
User UI is obviously via www.

Just as an example, if there is a pb with the wiki (for instance
everything is down). Is it apache or the DB?
Everybody here can restart the web server, or look at its error messages
to find the missing files.

Do everybody know SQL, and repair a database, knowing an index could be
wrong (after a crash for instance)?

br.

--
GPG Key: 653514E5 (http://www.raoult.com/gpg)