Re: [tlug] wiki

Hello,

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:23:45 +0900, leon calvaud <enae95@example.com> wrote:

i'd like to discuss about the Tlug Wiki.
I already listed some wiki engines, but there are
much, and they all have different functionnalities.
So i'd like to know what do you want or need as
functionnalities in the Tlug Wiki?

We discussed this just briefly at the recent meeting. The main point mentioned was that perhaps it is best to follow a wiki that has similar markup commands as mediawiki, because we expect many people to know about this wiki due to wikipedia.

With that in mind here is the start of a list of wiki requirements.

* Easy markup commands (Ideally like MediaWiki)
* Light resource usage (Currently our server does not have a lot of
RAM)
* User access control

Below is the start of wiki options:

* [http://www.mediawiki.org/ MediaWiki]
** PHP, MySQL/PostGres

* [http://www.usemod.com UseMod]
** Perl, no need for a database
** Fairly similar markup to MediaWiki

Personally, I have used UseMod for a long time and find it simple to setup and sufficient for internal uses. Although, it might be weak with regards to user access control.

Please feel free to add to this!

Best,
Zev