Re: [tlug] Xming - COOL!

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 stephen@example.com wrote:

> Joe Larabell writes:
>
>  > with a text-only connection. It would be cool if all such GUIs
>  > had a seperate front-end that could be run on a different
>  > physical machine from the one doing the work...
>
> If you're planning on doing that, have you looked at solutions like
> MPI, or are you planning on doing a homebrew?

There isn't any plan to implement remote operation. For the most part,
our customers run the GUI on the same LAN as the simulation so in those
cases, X is good enough.

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org                     for thou art crunchy
                                  and goest well with cheese.