Re: [tlug] Japanese in java in browser

>     I've not really tested Japanese in applets that much but you might
> want to try viewing the applet directly by using the appletviewer
> utility.  I think it goes something like:
> appletviewer <URL>

Thanks for the useful idea.

appletviewer also showed squares. Prefixing the command with LANG=ja_JP
gave me the same but now the appletviewer menu is also squares :-). This
makes me think I don't have Japanese fonts set up correctly and jedit is
only working because I chose Japanese fonts there instead of system-wide.

Darren