Re: [tlug] Japanese in java in browser

Darren Cook wrote:

Has anyone had similar problems? Any suggestions as to which tree I should be barking up?

I've not really tested Japanese in applets that much but you might want to try viewing the applet directly by using the appletviewer utility. I think it goes something like:
appletviewer <URL>

If you can see Japanese then it's something between Firefox and Java (yuck). If you can't see Japanese then at least you can focus on the Java side and see what you might need to set. (LANG perhaps?)

Cheers, Alain