Re: [tlug] Help with Gnome vte? (Evan Monroig)

Evan Monroig <evan.monroig@example.com> wrote:
JB >> > Can someone who has gnome-terminal 2.11 or later try it out with
JB >> > Japanese text?

>> I suppose that you mean selecting words by double-clicking?
>>
>> I opened gnome-terminal (2.14.2) on ubuntu/dapper, and entered some
>> japanese, so the terminal looks like this:
>>
>> evan@example.com:~ $ これは日本語です。
>>
>> when I double-click on 日本語, it selects everything from "~" (included)
>> to the end of the line.  So it doesn't work as expected.

Damn! Thanks.

Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:

>> Next time, play with a live CD/DVD version,
>> to avoid the hassle of installing an OS.
>>
>>    http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=03666#0

Ah. Thanks. I'll get that for playing with.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554