Re: [tlug] Large Disk on Old Hardware.

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:15:31 +0900, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:

I guess the large disk howto would answer all your
questions...even those you haven't asked yet
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Large-Disk-HOWTO.html

Thanks for the link but this is actually the very document that is causing me some confusion.

It contains a lot of references to older kernel versions and work arounds for them. I would like to find out what is current.

As I said in my first post I'm still checking things out.
I guess the best approach would be to get a disk and do a dry run by trying an install on some old hareware I have sitting under my desk. I'd like to get any issues resolved before I do the real install at my parents place this Christmas.

Greg.