Re: [tlug] Large Disk on Old Hardware.

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:03:28 +0900, Godwin Stewart <godwin.stewart@example.com> wrote:

As long as your *kernel* is in an area of the disk that's accessible to
the BIOS (I always have my /boot partition in the first few cylinders),
you'll be able to boot into Linux and use the whole 80GB disk because
from that point onwards it's Linux driving the disk, not the disk BIOS.

Thanks for the quick reply Godwin.

So is installation as simple as dropping the install disk in the CD drive and making sure /boot sits up front?

Greg.

In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows or gates?
-Graham Williams