[tlug] scripts not running in cron.hourly, etc.

I have recently tried experimenting with running administrative scripts from cron.daily and cron.hourly instead of my regular cron file (crontab -e). But the scripts I put into these folders don't seem to run.

I confirmed that they are executable and have the same permissions as the other default Debian scripts that are in the same folder, and they will run from my regular crontab. I googled "cron.hourly not running" and similar keywords, but did not turn up anything useful.

Any ideas?

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University