Re: [tlug] outsourcing email service

On 18/09/06, Micheal Cooper <mcooper@example.com> wrote:

I respect your experience, but I asked around at my school, and just
about all the faculty say that they do all of their research-related
email correspondence with a non-university account, and many of them
simply forward school mail to Gmail or Yahoo, etc.

For me, it boils down to professionalism. I would rather send emails
from my uni address than my Gmail address if it is about a research
topic.

YMMV, and I guess in the end it is up to the professors and students, but...

-Josh