Re: [tlug] Read my Firefox's cache contents on Linux

Alain, Jim,

Thank you for responding.

Alain Hoang wrote:
this help?
http://www.moztips.com/bbbook/index.php?postid=381&postdesc=Visitor+Submitted%3A+Grabbing+Firefox+Cache+Files
That sheds a little more light on the situation, yes. Thank you for sending that link.

However, after playing around with it a little more, it seems that I can grab images out of the cache, but no text seems to be stored. Or at least, text can not be accessed with this method.

Jim wrote:
try grep -ir '<data scrap>' <directory>.
This seems kind of promising. The results that come back are a little unwieldy, but I am seeing fragments of relevant text.

What I can't figure out about this, though, is how the text is being broken up. For example, I search for my name, "Dave", in the Cache, and it returns a whole bunch of text. Some of which contains sentences with my name in it, others which don't.

Depending on what I search for, it also sometimes says this:
Binary file Cache/_CACHE_003_ matches

Sometimes it returns that and text, and sometimes text without that, so I'm not sure what that means.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS