Re: [tlug] nfs through a firewall

On 04/09/06, Hector Akamine <akamine@example.com> wrote:

Which ones should I open in the firewall in order for other hosts to
reach the nfs server?
2) It seems that the ports used by nfs are dynamic (change every time
nfs is restarted). Is there any way to make it use the same ports
every time?

This looks a plausible starting point:

http://www.lowth.com/LinWiz/nfs_help.html

111 and 2049 are fixed, the rest change so you need to stick them
to a port. The mountd info in that document is how we have it set
up on SUSE, I can't remember about the rest.

Neil.