Re: [tlug] [OT] Creating user-friendly URLS with mod_rewrite/Apache

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 00:19:38 +0900, Dave M G <martin@example.com>
wrote:

> "However, in general, use of .htaccess files should be avoided when
> possible. Any configuration that you would consider putting in a
> .htaccess file, can just as effectively be made in a <Directory>
> section in your main server configuration file."
>
> What do you guys think is better?

I'd stick with .htaccess merely because I could end up on, for example,
a virtual server without root access (as is the case for 4 servers I
run) and therefore without access to httpd.conf.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.