Re: [tlug] SSH tunneling restrictions

On 8/15/06, Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:

Using ssh instead of a VPN will not avoid the need to keep your
client computers "safe".

Thats why I keep safe in quotation marks, to indicate the relative
nature of safety.  A web browser for instance runs on systems with
unknown safety, however the server is able to handle the risk to some
extend (otherwise we would not have the internet).

Consider having your clients boot a live-CD (such as Knoppix
or Puppy Linux) to do your sensitive stuff, regardless of
whether you use a VPN or ssh.
You might want to make a custom live-CD disk.

That would be the best.

--
Patrick Niessen