Re: [tlug] sending mails to the localhost

Hi,

(kind of) replying myself:

2) Is the default configuration file (/etc/exim/exim.conf) good for
local mail delivery and safe enough to be used without modifications?
I'm not sure about which are the lines I should take care of. My guess
is that the following are the relevant ones:

domainlist local_domains = @
domainlist relay_to_domains =
hostlist   relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1

The default exim.conf seems good enough for delivering local e-mail
(not sure about if it is secure enough). However I have found the
following line does not allow mails to arrive to the root:

never_users = root

The line above prevents me to send mails to the root (and I suppose it
also prevents local process to send mails notifying about errors). I
have an additional doubt:

3) Is it dangerous to allow mails to be sent to the root? (the default
fedora/sendmail configuration seems to permit this)
Anyway, creating a .forward file in /root allowed me to forward the
e-mails to another user, and then I can keep the default never_users
setting, but I wondered why it is set this way

Hector